Thursday, December 9, 2010

Teaser number two for Elemental, Chapter 28


 I looked back the way we came, searching for the origin of the noise. I thought I saw a separate darkness on the edge of the darkness of the forest, but wasn’t sure if I was seeing things or if this was the soul eater. The sour, nauseous feeling continued, prompting me to believe in the second thought.  

 As everyone around me moved closer together, trying to ignite some form of comfort, I centered myself and dared to reach out towards Earth for an answer.

 I was immediately thrown back as a wall of blinding white pain greeted me. I couldn’t tell if I was standing or falling. My body felt like it was encased in the dark nebula of the mind of the thing that was here to decimate all living things. My nightmares had only hinted at what this thing was. Maybe I should have been thankful for that form of mental reprieve as the reality was something so much more chilling. Something that was an accumulation of every horror movie or story that I had come across, something that didn’t understand the word mercy…and it was something that finally made me truly understand that it didn’t want to possess the Elements or even us that could wield them; it wanted us all gone.

 It wanted all of life to end…permanently.

3 comments:

skitts on December 10, 2010 at 3:10 AM said...

Oh holy sweet coffee! This is such a great teaser! Thank you very much for the story. I love all the characters and plot twists! I wish it didn't have to end. But thank you! Skitts

Unknown on December 11, 2010 at 7:52 PM said...

OMG! I didn't expect things to start happening yet! So exciting.

marijee on December 13, 2010 at 1:03 PM said...

"...and it was something that finally made me truly understand that it didn’t want to possess the Elements or even us that could wield them; it wanted us all gone." Love the way you portray Bella's feelings and the evil that is coming. The story has been building to this... Looking forward to seeing what happens. This is such an amazing story!

Post a Comment